Year 6 Measurement Return to Primary Maths Resources
The top of a box has an area of 120 cm2, the side has an area of 96 cm2 and the end has an area of 80 cm2. What is the volume of the box?
- You may only use 1 sheet of paper. What is the largest volume cuboid you can make?
- You are going to make a box which has a volume of 96 cm cubed or 96 cm3. The box can be any shape. What is the smallest amount of card you need?
- You have a square of card. The card is 24 cm x 24 cm. You can make the card into a box by cutting squares out of the corners and folding the sides up. Make the box with the biggest volume. What is the length of the side of the cut-out squares? Try for other sizes of square card. Try with rectangular cards.
- You have a piece of card which is 24 cm x 8 cm. The card is rectangular What is the biggest volume cylinder you can make?
- You are going to make a cylinder. The cylinder must have a volume of 80 cm3. What is the smallest amount of card you need?